- Experience within start-ups, small business, and large corporations.
- Substantial experience in consulting, sustainability consulting, marketing, project management, writing, sales, fundraising and PR functions.
- Knowledge of the non-profit arts, entertainment, global media, and financial service industries.
- Excellent problem solving, negotiating, analytical, decision making, verbal and written communication skills.
- Cross-cultural business and social experience in Asia, Europe, South America, and the Middle East.
- Board Member seats include (past and present): Going Organic Magazine, Women in Cleantech & Sustainability and Conscious Capitalism Bay Area.
- Named in Renewable Energy News in 2012 as one of the “Top 10 Women in Cleantech and Sustainability.”
- Presidio School of Management (2008) Masters of Business Administration/Concentration in Sustainable Management (studied key sustainability concepts such as the triple bottom line, energy efficiency, fair trade, cradle to cradle, CSR, eco-efficiency, LOHAS, unintended consequences, life cycle analysis, sustainable operations, etc.)
- University of Oregon/Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
- Various Spanish language courses in San Francisco, Guatemala, and Argentina
2008 – present Alegria Partners/Sustainable Business Strategist
(Client companies include: Market Force, DynaMedia SF, Technology Forecasters/Blue Coat Systems, Greenopolis, MaestroConference, Oakland Community Acupuncture)
- Business Development: created a strategic business development plan to generate leads for a mission-driven marketing company, doubling client list in the first six months.
- Strategic Planning: implemented sustainability initiatives to decrease a mid-sized company’s waste stream, energy use and costs (saving the company $3.3 million since 2007).
- Communications: strategized internal and external communications for a global company’s sustainability initiatives in its headquarters office and satellite sites (including ISO 14001 certification and “green team” efforts).
- Project Management: projects focused on CSR, supply chain analysis, waste streams, product life cycle analysis and commute/carbon reduction.
- Competitive Analysis: researched and reported on competitors’ sustainability initiatives and certifications.
- Sustainability Visioning: facilitated strategy sessions for a company’s principals to achieve financial and personal goals for the year.
- Social Media Strategy: planned and executed a social media campaign for a best-selling, world-renowned author.
2013 – 2014 evox Television Networks
Sustainability Advisor & “Living” Brand Category Manager
- Supported the online television network focused on health, wellness and sustainability earn its BCorp status.
- Led entire team’s participation at SXSWEco.
- Spokesperson for the “Living” category, which included speaking on panels, conferences, and workshops focusing on creating awareness for a more eco-focused lifestyle.
2007 – 2013 EcoTuesday, Inc.
- Founded a networking event that brought together more than 200 sustainable business leaders each month; event took place in six cities and still has a mailing list of over 5000 people.
- Responsible for all day-to-day operations, which included devising corporate structure, bookkeeping/accounting, business development, sales, marketing, publicity, and partner relationships.
- Oversaw the activities of 10 independent contractors who produced the events across the country.
- Managed the structure of a joint venture with Web development company; led the strategy of EcoTuesday’s Web site redesign.
2007 – 2008 Morrison & Foerster
Marketing Consultant/Cleantech Group
- Wrote new marketing collateral for Cleantech Practice Group sub-industries and case studies focusing on lawyer’s experience with specific clients.
- Strategized the most efficient programs to implement to improve market penetration within the sustainability industry.
2007 – 2008 Sustainability Consultant
- Developed a waste-reduction and recycling operations plan for Williams-Sonoma, Inc. that will decrease waste costs by 25% in local Bay Area stores.
- Researched and developed a marketing plan for the Kimpton Hotel’s EcoCare Program targeted toward a specific demographic, using “Web 2.0” applications.
- Analyzed the feasibility of bringing an electric vehicle to market; investigated competitors, target demographic and other economic factors.
- Led strategy sessions for Burning Man, LLC focusing on its five-year sustainability plan.
- Developed deal structure analysis for a large-scale solar energy developer, analyzed a range of finance structures for a $200M installation and highlighted greatest potential return.
2006 Wells Fargo/Product Strategy, Management & Analysis
- Strategized most effective marketing approach for various university check card/VISA launches across the country, doubling the amount of universities in the Wells Fargo Campus Card network.
- Researched customer acquisition trends; increased adoption rate by 22% through targeted marketing campaigns (ATM messaging, brochures, posters, games and prizes).
2003 – 2005 Wells Fargo/Wells Fargo Funds (WFF)
- Wrote product service alerts, quarterly commentaries, white papers, and WFF’s company newsletter and distributed items to proper client channels.
- Responsible for all WFF communications collateral and content of the public website copy (Mutual Funds 101, Investor’s Resource Center, Shareholder Service Center).
- Analyzed WFF’s refocused brand strategy prior to/during the acquisition of a competing company.
2002 – 2003 Raise The Frequency
Program Manager/Participant Liaison
- Responsible for establishing strategic partnership with the American Film Institute (AFI), the centerpiece of a $178 million real estate development project.
- Leveraged existing relationships and coordinated activities of strategic partners (UC Berkeley and AFI).
2000 World Eye Reports/The Japan Times newspaper
Project Manager (Germany, Thailand, United Arab Emirates)
- Closed over $1 million in advertising sales to clients (such as Nissan, Nokia, Toyota, and Epson).
- Prepared monthly budget and presented to management; organized and tracked detailed flowchart documenting sales.
- Chronicled achievements/highlights of companies in articles published in 108 countries with a readership of 330,000.
- Delivered sales presentations to senior management in 250 companies in three countries.
- Created first marketing tool used to describe The Japan Times’ demographics for clients.
1998 – 1999 InterActive Corp./CityAuction
Online Marketing Manager
- Increased registration by 400% with development and execution of direct and grassroots marketing campaigns.
- Public relations efforts resulted in coverage in Internet World, PC World, US News, Business Week, Gomez Reports, and countless more. Press coverage exceeded that of all of our competitors other than eBay.
- Designed and executed all online marketing that put CityAuction into the top 250 web sites of any category, measured by traffic, with an advertising budget of less than $5,000.
1995 – 1998 American Film Institute (AFI)
- Assisted with the production of major television and print news pieces (Good Morning America, CNN, Time Magazine, New York Times).
- Integral part of team for ‘AFI’s 100 Years, 100 Movies’ celebration.
- Supervised press corps during special events, including the annual Life Achievement Award and the AFI/Los Angeles International Film Festival.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Named in Who’s Who of America’s Colleges and Universities, 1995.
- Earned Outstanding Chapter Achievement, Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA), 1994, 1995.
- Centurion Award Winner, for top 100 student leaders at the University of Oregon, 1994.
- Earned Cole Scholarship (for leadership in Journalism) and the Rachel PR Leadership Scholarship, 1994.
- Elected Northwest District Director, PRSSA, 1994-1995.
- Co-Creator, Spiral Muse – non-profit organization connecting women worldwide.
- Associate Producer – The Traveling Companion (35 mm film), 1997.
- Marketing Director – Rosebud Moving Image Artists – start-up guerrilla filmmaking studio, 1997-1998.